1. Shoveling snow is an art.
2. Moving snow off a car whose paint you don't want to scratch is a meditative experience.
3. The important part of moving snow off a car is having good gloves. I do not have good gloves yet.
4. Pushing a grocery cart through snow is comical. And hard.
5. The inventor of the long-handled ice scraper deserves a medal.
6. Ice scrapers that you get for free from the bank are okay for Oklahoma, but they are laughable in upstate New York.
7. There is a reason for the metal blade at the edge of the snow shovel.
8. If you leave cans of Coke in a frozen car, they will explode.
9. If I go to the grocery store without a list, I end up eating hummus and rosemary-flavored Triscuits for dinner.
10. Cocker spaniels look good in tiny little Arkansas Razorback sweatshirts.